The Kookooest Kookoo

It’s been two weeks since the latest post. It’s not that i was so busy that I cant find a mere 10 minutes to catch up this blog, as a matter of fact, I really have nothing to do except doing my thesis which typically took a couple hours before laziness got me to somewhere else (game, tv, anything).

Anyway, let me amuse you about religious koo. Is all religious people a koo? Majority, yes or if koo is not quite the right word, maybe ignorant is. But as far as I can tell, there's a tiny percentage of them who aren’t. In fact they made exceptional contributions in their respective field. Newton, Descartes, Maxwell you name it. But that was before the light of evolution and another ‘consciousness raisers’ (as Dawkins says) both in science or philosophy spread out. Today, most of respectable scientists are (openly or not) rejecting the idea of God.

And among those kookoos, you find a part who are incredibly, extremely, superbly, and exceptionally koo. No, I don’t say it’s FPI or any other fundamentalist horde. I’m talking about people who mixes up religion and things we see as un(or anti-)religion. Including of those who claim themselves as Christian Punk, who had apparently been around quite long ago. And I’ve been surprised to what I recently watched on the tv : the community of Moslem Punk. Holy crap on a monkey’s ass! It’s almost to me the community of Straight Lesbian, or the community of Jewish Neo-Nazi, or if you have a bit sense of humor, the community of Religious Scientists.

The program exposed a homeless-like dressed group who recite Koran verses, say prayers and that sort of things, and I noticed some of them had their hands tattooed. And then they sang a rather Iwan Fals-like song, which is no punk at all, asserting arabic words of how much they need the mercy of God and etc. What a mockery have they made ? That’s a blasphemy of the genuine Punk.

Punk is (supposed to be) free of any form of dogma, except the dogma of punk itself. Punk is (supposed to be) a critique of any form of authority. Punk is (supposed to) against the mainstream (in whatever ways). And this whole dumb Punk manifesto came up from a jerk who drank too much beers and took too much pills. And the dumbest thing anyone could do is mixing up dumb idea with yet another dumb idea.

Just in the late of the show I realized that they mislabeled a group of homeless for a ‘punk community’. What a koo..